Emergency Care in Edinburg
If you’re having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
South Texas Health System Edinburg
1102 West Trenton Road
Edinburg, TX 78539
South Texas Health System Edinburg provides emergency care for adults using advanced medical technology and dedicated doctors, emergency care nurses and other professionals. You can rely on South Texas Health System Edinburg for quality emergency care 24 hours a day. The hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center, a certified Primary Stroke Center and a Level IV Trauma Center.
Request a Time in the ER
ER Reserve lets you request a time (up to 12 hours in advance) in our Emergency Department for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses that require prompt care.
What to Expect When Arriving for Care
Sudden illness or injury can occur without warning, and while no one typically plans a trip to the ER, everyone should know what to expect after they arrive.
Heart Attack Care
South Texas Health System Edinburg has received full Cycle III accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers for their care and treatment for patients who present symptoms of a heart attack.
As a certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, South Texas Health System Edinburg provides exceptional stroke care. Our dedicated stroke unit offers a 24-hour stroke team and trained ER personnel.
When treating trauma, experience counts. The physicians and nurses in the Emergency Department have years of experience in treating all types of trauma, from broken bones to serious wounds.
Advanced emergency care at South Texas Health System Edinburg includes:
- Early intervention for heart attacks
- Early intervention for strokes
- Treating fractures and sprains
- Asthma management
- Treating lacerations, crush injuries and abrasions
- Migraine treatment
- Acute abdominal pain evaluation and management
- Treating acute eye conditions
- Treatment for infections, including pneumonia, kidney infections and skin infections
- Treatment for issues associated with diabetes, obstructive lung disease, heart disease and chronic medical problems
Senior Care Emergency Room
At South Texas Health System Edinburg, we developed a new Senior Care ER that works to help keep you safe and comfortable. This ER includes special services to help improve your comfort and safety, including:
- Separate treatment rooms
- Large print signage and forms
- Warm, non-slip flooring
- Pressure reducing mattresses
- Safety rails and step stools
- Blanket warmers
- Pillows with built-in speakers
- Reading and hearing amplification devices
- Specially trained staff that understands the unique needs of seniors
We are the only facility in the Rio Grande Valley to offer a senior care ER.
Helicopter Landing Pad
South Texas Health System Edinburg is equipped with a helicopter landing pad for air support. The landing pad allows air ambulances to transfer patients to trauma units and receive patients from remote areas without local hospitals.
Air ambulances are useful when a patient needs to be relocated to a different hospital in a short time period, rather than driving the patient.