Expecting a baby is an exciting time for you and your family. When the time comes to deliver your baby, The Maternity Center at South Texas Health System Edinburg, a part of our Women’s Corner, is here to help you bring your newborn into a safe and happy environment.
Our private maternity suites offer a retreat for you and your baby. Your labor, delivery and recovery take place in the same large suite. Then you are moved to a larger, private postpartum suite.
The Maternity Center at South Texas Health System Edinburg is on the same campus as STHS Children’s, and our sister facility STHS McAllen – with the Valley’s first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – is located nearby as an extension of The Maternity Center. This should provide you comfort knowing that advanced, high-quality specialty care for your baby is available if needed.
Take a Virtual Tour of The Maternity Center
The Maternity Center at South Texas Health System Edinburg offers specialty maternity and neonatal care in a safe, comfortable environment.
Features of The Maternity Center
- Six private labor and delivery suites
- Two surgical suites dedicated to Cesarean Section (C-Section) deliveries
- Advanced technology and equipment for high-risk pregnancies
- Experienced obstetrics team
- Midwifery program
- Anesthesia and pain management team
- 13 private postpartum suites
- Comfortable, safe, home-like environment
- Family-centered philosophy
- High Reliability Unit standards achieved through teamwork, empowerment of staff and communication among your care providers
- Amenities including VIP dinners, special greeting baskets with assorted drinks and foods, fresh floral arrangements and more
If you have decided to have your baby at The Maternity Center, you can preregister by calling 956-388-2190, texting BABY to 313131 or preregistering below.
Midwives look at pregnancy and birth as a normal process, and collaborate with their patients to provide the best experience for both mother and baby.
Schedule a Tour
Call us at 956-388-6560 or fill out the request form below to schedule a tour. Tours are offered seven days a week, at your convenience.
We offer standard amenities at no cost and additional amenities are available for purchase.
Learn what to expect during your first, second and third trimesters, and how to care for yourself and feed your baby after delivery.