Inpatient Rehab in Edinburg
The South Texas Health System Edinburg Physical Rehabilitation Unit offers inpatient rehabilitation services to help restore your abilities to their highest potential. A team of rehabilitation professionals, who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation, works with you to help you reach your goals. We offer a wide range of programs to help ensure that you get the services best suited for your recovery.
Stroke and Cardiac Rehab Certification
The STHS Edinburg Physical Rehabilitation Unit has earned The Joint Commission Gold Seal Certification for Stroke and Cardiac Rehabilitation for demonstrating outstanding performance.
Our Physical Rehabilitation Unit goes above and beyond to help our patients get back to living their lives. Watch the video below to learn more:
For more information or to schedule a tour, please call our rehab liaison at 956-207-7036.
Specialized Rehabilitation Programs
Our inpatient rehabilitation center is designed to help you rebuild your strength and endurance and achieve your highest level of recovery after a debilitating injury or illness. We have specialized programs for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Brain injury and head trauma
- Major multiple trauma
- Medical deconditioning
- Neurological conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis and polyarthritis
- Serious orthopedic conditions
- Spasticity management
- Spinal cord injury
Dedicated Rehabilitation Team
Teamwork is the key to successful recovery. Getting you back to the normal activities of your daily life is our top priority and the focus of our rehabilitation efforts. Our inpatient rehabilitation team, led by a rehabilitation physician, includes:
- Rehabilitation nurses who provide 24-hour care and support to you and your family.
- Physical therapists who develop programs to help you regain your strength, endurance, coordination and balance and improve your mobility.
- Occupational therapists who focus on activities of daily living (ADLs), bathing, dressing, feeding and identify equipment you may need following discharge.
- Speech therapists who diagnose and treat speech, swallowing, voice and language deficits and identify treatments to help you enhance your verbal expression, listening techniques, comprehension, reading and writing abilities, including attention, memory, problem-solving and executive functions.
- Social workers and case managers who act as your healthcare liaison, coordinate your care and communicate with your family and insurance providers.
Our programs are centered on you. We work together with you and your family to help you develop goals. Your commitment and participation are vital to achieving your goals.
Commitment to Quality
The STHS Edinburg Physical Rehabilitation Unit is accredited by The Joint Commission as a component of STHS Edinburg.
Patient satisfaction is important to us. From the environment to the training of our personnel, the center is designed to meet the needs of patients with disabilities, as well as their families. Our comprehensive rehabilitation program addresses your physical goals and is also designed to meet your emotional, psychological, social, spiritual and vocational needs.
We offer an individualized plan of care and recognize that each patient and their situation is unique. We strive to tailor our services to meet every patient's needs. Our goal is to help you reach your maximum potential and your highest possible level of independence.
Referrals and Admissions
The STHS Edinburg Physical Rehabilitation Unit accepts referrals from physicians, social workers, nurses, therapists, discharge planners and case managers, as well as self-referrals from patients and their families.
A rehab liaison will conduct an evaluation to assess your rehabilitation needs. If the evaluation indicates that inpatient rehabilitation is best for you, we'll work to make the admission process easy and comfortable. Our staff is here to answer your questions and provide any information you may need about your rehabilitation.
We begin by developing an individualized treatment plan and establishing a tentative discharge date, and we keep everyone involved with your care informed of your current status and discharge plans.
The STHS Edinburg Physical Rehabilitation Unit accepts most major third-party insurance plans and can make special arrangements for private payers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition.